OPC UA Developer Training
Hands-on OPC UA Development Training for IIoT
Beeond, in cooperation with Microsoft, Honeywell-Matrikon, STMicroelectronics, Real Time Automation, and the OPC Foundation, is providing in-depth developer focused training on OPC UA to help vendors and users create the next generation industrial applications using certifiable standards.
Training is a key step in Beeond’s 5-Step Adoption Process. The 5-Steps are a common sense approach to adoption that enables businesses to reduce risk and realize value quickly and cost-effectively.
Attendees will learn to apply the technical aspects of the standards by putting the specifications in context, with real examples using available stacks and API’s. Commercial products, toolkits, etc. of our sponsors are also discussed as they may be needed to simplify and speed development.
Training also covers the infrastructural aspects of security and transport, including a quick overview of the newest Pub-Sub specification.
Students will receive an STMicroelectronics board and 1 month free pass for Azure ($150 value).
$250 discount for early registration (see early registration dates in training schedule). Discount will be applied as a credit after registration is received.
Please call (844) 423-3663 for additional quantity discounts.
Locations and Dates
Training dates coincide with OPC UA Seminar Roadshow events.
**End time if staying for optional topics as listed at the end of the course outline below.
|Location||Host||Early Registration||Start Date||End Date|
|Microsoft||Friday 9/8/2017||Monday 9/25/2017|
1:00 PM (or 5:00 PM)**
|Milwaukee, WI||Real Time Automation||Friday 9/22/2017||Tuesday 10/10/2017|
1:00 PM (or 5:00 PM)**
Other Options and Inquiries
If you are interested in OPC UA development and adoption, we want to hear from you. In addition to training, we offer webinars on various OPC UA topics and will be scheduling more training dates. Please register for webinars on our events page or send us an e-mail (email@example.com) with your interests in training and other IIoT and OPC UA adoption services. If you are interested in attending a virtual, online training course, please let us know.
Who Should Attend
What You Will Learn
The training will address the four main components of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT):
- SMART DEVICES: The training will guide students through the implementation of edge applications on embedded devices for real-time monitoring and control.
- COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE: Deploying IIoT applications requires compliance with security and reliability standards for integration. Hands on labs will help you understand the value and implications of concepts like authentication, authorization, and discovery.
- ANALYTICS AND APPLICATIONS TO INTERPRET AND ACT ON THE DATA: OPC UA goes beyond just transport and infrastructure. Information Modeling is a powerful abstraction to translate business processes into physical control. We will explore how many industry standards apply information modeling to represent a coherent, vertical interpretation of the enterprise.
- PEOPLE AND PROCESSES: ultimately, data drives decisions taken by users or algorithms. We will see how OPC UA enables IIoT applications to enable edge-side condition based control and cloud-side machine learning driven execution.
Understanding the OPC UA Specification
- Servers (using a free server simulator)
- Clients (using a free client)
- Information Modeling Fundamentals
- Security Implementations
Servers Implementation – Part 1
- Development setup: tools, stacks, languages
- Create and manage Sessions (with security)
- Nodes management (Address Space)
- Underlying Systems implementation
Product Compliance Testing
- Using the OPC UA Compliance Testing Tool (CTT)
- Test your server prototype for basic profiles
Servers Implementation – Part 2
- Implementing the Secure Channel
- Alarms and Conditions
- Historical Access
- Information Modeling for clients:
- With precompiled proxy
- With dynamic address space creation
- Modify the server address space at runtime
- Read, write, and subscribe
Distributed Services and Cloud Integration
- Pub-Sub fundamentals: Integrate your OPC UA
Server with Azure IoT Edge
Infrastructure and Compliance (optional)
- Find Servers on a network using Discovery Services
- Testing complex profiles with the CTT
- Training Manuals (electronic copy)
- Sample Code
- UA Model eXcelerator (UMX) – Beeond’s Rapid Information Modeling Tool (60 Day Free Trial)
- STMicroelectronics STM32F7 MCU 32-Bit Embedded Development Board
- Matrikon FLEX OPC UA SDK Reference
Costantino (Cos) Pipero
Founder & Chief Technologist
Costantino has 20+ years of experience defining and delivering technology solutions for the manufacturing, process, and energy industries. Costantino is actively collaborating on key industry standards such as ISA95, OPC UA, and OpenSCS and has written articles and books on industry relevant topics. Costantino has extensive experience in developing OPC and OPC UA solutions from server systems to embedded devices and has been training engineers since 1997.
USD 1,600.00 Per Attendee
Contact us at Info@beeond.net if you have any questions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will send a confirmation e-mail 2 weeks prior to the scheduled training with final logistics. We recommend not making any travel arrangements until you receive this confirmation.