July 12, 2018 – [WEBINAR] – Practical OPC UA Security: What You Need to Know
Secure data connectivity in control automation is a hot topic (and a deep concern) in the rapidly evolving IIoT/I4.0 era. With demand for the shop floor, remote location, and cloud data connectivity booming, end-users and software developers in the control automation industry need a clear understanding of key data connectivity security concepts, what the threats are, and how they can be mitigated using OPC UA, a core IIoT and I4.0 data interoperability standard.Secure data connectivity in control automation is a hot topic (and a deep concern) in the rapidly evolving IIoT/I4.0 era. With demand for the shop floor, remote location, an
For a concise, easy to understand OPC UA security backgrounder, Download the “Practical OPC UA Security – What you need to know” recorded webcast to learn:
Examples of topics covered include:
- why security experts from both the IT and OT fields, government bodies, and other standards organizations are turning to OPC UA as the open data interoperability standard of choice
- how OPC UA establishes trust between systems trying to exchange data
- what end-users and developers need to know about implementing a secure
OPC UA infrastructure
- why different OPC UA connectivity methods are available for local and remote connectivity and when to use them
- why data connectivity security begins with the OPC UA software libraries
- how OPC UA security compares with other data connectivity standards like MQTT
- and more…
Darek Kominek, Consulting Manager, Matrikon
As the Sr. Consulting Manager at Matrikon (Honeywell), For the past 15 years Darek has played various roles at Matrikon/Honeywell including sales, marketing communications, product manager, and strategic marketing. Before joining Matrikon, Darek worked as a professional software engineer with Hewlett Packard, GE, and ran his own software consulting business. Darek is a professional engineer with a B.Sc. in Computer Engineering from the University of Alberta.
Costantino (Cos) Pipero, Founder & Chief Technologist, Beeond, Inc
Costantino has 20+ years of experience defining and delivering technology solutions for the manufacturing, process, and energy industries. Costantino is actively collaborating on key industry standards such as ISA95, OPC UA, and OpenSCS and has written articles and books on industry relevant topics. Costantino has extensive experience in developing OPC and OPC UA solutions from server systems to embedded devices and has been training engineers since 1997.